Wednesday 6 June 2012

The too many roaches in my apartment


These things don tire me o. How would I explain killing an average of five cockroaches in my apartment weekly? Which mouth I wan take talk am? I need help ASAP!

How on earth did these nonsense things find their ways into a newly finished flat in a newly completed building? Were they sent? Abi na me be there papa ni? What exactly are they looking for because I don’t have crumbs of foods littering the house? Every part of the house is always squeaky-clean. And when I say squeaky-clean, I am damn serious. Yet these flying nuisances display themselves like they own the place.

I have used a number of naija-made insecticides (make I no yarn names go fall some companies hand) all to no avail. I consoled myself that probably all the insecticides in my area are fakes. The things got to me so much I cried out. Then I realized it wasn’t just me, it’s a general problem. My neighbors are having a fair dose of theirs too .I laff a big laff wen dem tell me their own tori.

We concluded we would fumigate the whole compound and the apartments which we did. We consulted one of the numerous supposed fumigators that have their phone numbers written boldly on most walls on the streets of Lagos (You definitely know those numbers now). Na lie, the ting no work. So we called him that we still see roaches. He said the ‘nest’ of the roaches would definitely be from the foundation or inside the roof of the building. That is why they didn't all die. Na so the story end!

So if you come to my house for whatsoever ever reason and cockroaches try to kiss you or compete for chairs, just chill. They are my flat mates for now. Since I have tried all I could and I can’t  ‘uproot’ my landlord’s house, neither can I dismantle nor go into the roof to look for their source, you will have to bear with me. I am not giving up on the fight though. If you please have any solution to this dilemma of mine, kindly proffer it. I am not tired to keep fighting them. Not now! Not Never!
It looks like joke but a no dey joke o. I need answers fast. #crying

Joobreel

3 comments: