Friday 8 June 2012

A robot should do

Need me a robot
See, free that talk. There are things I know I can do very well. No be for mouth. One of them is looking good. I sometimes look pretty.  (That ‘pretty’ word can earn me 14 years o). But seriously, from ankara to atiku, lace to linen, guinea to batik (most of them are aso-ebi anyways) or getting some super-cool materials for regular shirts, non-conventional tops and the likes; all there is to be done is for either Samson, Erons, Frank, Mikky or Quddus to carve them. These guys must pay for this advert.
And if it’s to 'combinason' (Jenifa's style) Polos or tees with denims or pants, I hail myself. A special thanks to my fashion and style consultant. #winks. Flipping through the pages of magazines is not beans. And even when I go like the new CBN policy- cashless, I still always appear like a Nigerian Senator. Ooshe!
Here is the real deal not legend stout o, one of the prices to pay is getting those clothes back to shape after use. It’s big a price and it’s getting to me real good. I got home yesterday night and had to take some clothes off the line that I left for drying after washing. Washing is no biggy as Oyinbo in their numerous ways have made it easier. But ironing those clothes? Chai! Na there wahala de o.
As I dropped the new off-the-line clothes on a bed in the room where I left the previous ones, it occurred clearly to me that ironing is not my hobby at all. Singlets, boxer’s shorts, shirts, denims, pants, name them; all of them 'yapa' on top the bed. Already washed, not yet ironed. Some date as far back as 3 weeks.

 Since the white people didn't do ironing machine, an ironing robot is all I desire. So if you have the means, please buy me one. And mind you, I will only accept the one that is battery-powered because I use a PAYGO NEPA meter. If the minister of power fit de import energy-saving bulbs, who I be to de consume light anyhow? Another alternative is for you to direct me to someone that irons only. But that too will cost me.
Hmm, got it! I will dedicate this Saturday for ironing all these clothes. Yes! That's the best thing to do. But that day happens to be my birthday. That means no groove, no party, no drinks, no food, just ironing. Therefore if in your mind, you (Stanley, Tutuola, Oyin, Okey, Seun, Alero, Tobi etc) have been thinking how it is going down, just forget it.
It’s ironing all the way. Come over to my place and let’s iron.
Hehehe
Joobreel

4 comments:

  1. Ile awa dun oko nii fosho....lalalalaala, abi u neva hear the song b4 ni...O.Y.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didnt know you guys turn husbands to houseboys in your place o. All potential husbands, beware!

      Delete
  2. Choi,ure a meanie.....hw can Ў☺ΰ iron clothes on ur bday?haba

    ReplyDelete
  3. JB! do u know i have always taught about the "robot" thing? if we can have a machine that can wash, why not the one that can iron? But i was looking at it in an industrial sense. Don't worry, anything is possible. Talk to the Mech/Elect Engineers in Tertiary institutions, that could be a boost to out Science and Technology Industry. HBD in advance. Though ironing is my hobby but i no go take that frm u on ur birthday....a ma parry ni.

    ReplyDelete