Friday 8 June 2012

My Death


Let me tell you about the day I died. I was in a plane crash. I remember the last few minutes so well.  Maybe not so well  because there was so much pandemonium in that small space. At first I thought it was the usual turbulence except it wasn’t. Do you think the crew alerted us to the imminent danger? Not until my head hit the air vent did it dawn on me that we were going down.

Let me tell you about the day a plane crashed into our building. We were watching a soap opera that Sunday evening. We were all tired because the day before was my 10th birthday and we’d had a party. Of course everyone was at home. My only solace was that we didn’t see or hear anything. We just died.

Did I tell you what I was doing when that big plane crashed into our street? Well, nothing interesting. I’d just come out with my bag of corn and I was setting up my fire place. I’d made good sales the day before and believed God for a better day. I remember thinking, "Finally, Tochi will have the money for that hand-out she said was so urgent."

I want you to believe me when I tell you that I survived a plane crash. Yes I survived the impact of the crash and spent 10 minutes trying to smash the window. I succeeded in smashing the first but as I geared up to hit the second, I heard the explosion. I increased my effort but the resulting smoke enveloped me. I remember giving in - thinking how close I came to escape.

The day I died, I remember thinking just before the plane hit that busy street, the “air crash investigation” episode I’d seen the previous night. I wondered how this crash would be investigated. Will it be? I wondered who the producers will cast in the reconstruction, should there be one. Who would play John, my co-pilot and Nick, the engineer?
Lucas Togan (@LTSPARK)

No comments:

Post a Comment